Thursday, September 29, 2011

Torino 19/09/2011: The market!

The spoils of visting the Carrefour and the market!!!!
Here's a wheel of Bel Paese. It's actually young ricotta cheese. So it's not that strong. Very tastey and nice and gooy when it melts.
This is a shot of the center garden area of our residence from the third floor.
And here's our residence from the outside. I'm actually on the top row of windows with the balcony on the right side. I'm like the third from the corner.
I don't really remember what this was, I just saw it at the market for a Euro, and I wanted breakfast. It was flaky and cheesey.

I got some fresh long beans and snap peas.
Artichokes are in season here too.
This set of red currents was really appetizing. I actually didn't know what it was when I bought it. The greatest thing is buying things when they're in season. The market is always changing, with people rotating in certain spots. I got to know a few of the vendors even with my spotty Italian, it's a really wonderful experience. There's a man selling plant, and he gave Tyler and I chilli peppers four our Pizza (we were munching on it for breakfast). He got us to try two different peppers, and they were great, Tyler walked away with a plant. I don't know if I'll get one as I am terrible with taking care of one....but they're so delicious. Untill next time! Ciao!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. currants look yummy :D

    maybe what you had for breakers was a spanakopita? (puff pastry w/ spinach and cheese.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely could have been a spanakopita (even though it's Greek, but it could have been an Italian version).

    ReplyDelete