Friday, September 23, 2011

England Day 02: A meet and greet with the stars!










The next stop for me was Madame Tussauds wax museum. To be honest, unless you're into seeing stars, it's not really worth it. The sculptures were incredible tho! This picture is of the current James Bond and M. Specially shot for Shelby as she's a bit of a Daniel Craig fan
Here's the original James Bond with all his swagger.
Engage!!!
This was neat, this is Madam Tussaud's final sculpture. Which was of herself. This is a recreation of that original wax head she did.
Here's Wolverine!
And the Hulk, Bashing through the bottom.
This was an awesome display, and the guy there let me take this picture! Way to hold me up Spidey!
Here's Captain America from the movie. Which I will add, is definitely worth seeing.
Oh and here's my favourite display! Iron Man of course!! This is the Mark 6 suit from the second movie. The tell tail signs are the gunmetal accents on the biceps and knees as well as the triangular unibeam.
After Madam Tussauds, I went out to the Baker Street Station (right beside Madam Tussaud), and when I walked by, I smelled this amazing aroma! It was the Belgian Waffle stand. I totally drooled over it, but I actually skipped it. But I was already hooked. I ended up circling the stand (like a hawk), then figured to go for it. This was the regular version with fresh cream! It's not the cool whip stuff, it's the 100% pure whole cream made from heavy cream stuff with treacle on it (it's a golden syrup) Sooooo tastey, I was definitely glad I bought it. The cream was not sweet at all, but nicely balanced the sweetness of the treacle. And the Waffle was soft on the inside, and crunchy on the outside. By far, much better than what I found in Canada.
Finally, for dinner it was Fish and Chips. Mrs. Degun brought home some fresh and delicious fish and chips. Oh man, these are waaay better than the stuff in Canada. The fish was fresh Haddock, a single Fillet, which was thinly battered and deep fried. The crust was crispy, and cooked all the way. The fries were awesome. Crunchy on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside.
The fish inside was really nice and soft, it flaked away just so, and it wasn't dry or soggy due to the fact it was a fresh fillet. Sooooo tastey with malt vinegar. I definitely went to sleep well that night.

Ok, so that ends my second day. And I have plenty more to share!

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh
    loads of my fav's!

    <3 daniel craig, sean connery, Cap't Picard & Hugh Jackman <3<3

    wax figures
    so cool yet creepy

    love the spiderman pic

    does that mean his arm is moveable??
    or did you squeeze under?
    oooor did you stretch the wax and now he is permanently deformed...?

    ReplyDelete