Wednesday, September 14, 2011

England 01: Into the heart of the country

So I'm staying in this county outside called Buckinhamshire. It's apparently a posh neighbourhood full of well known people. Actually, the place I'm staying is rumored to have a neighbour who goes by the name of Ozzy Osbourn.....actually I didn't know he was British. Simon Cowell also apparently has bought a house neary by as well...as long as I don't sing around him I think I'll be ok. Apparently London is a pretty happening place, with tonnes of crazy sights, Royalty, and huge events. I've been really fortunate to experience tonnes and it's only my 3rd day here (as of this post).

So this is the car that I was shuttled in. It's a brand new 2012 Audi A8, with all the furnishings! The coolest thing about this is the input for the GPS and computer system. The pad with the 6 numbers to the right of the big black wheel is actually a touchpad!!!! You can "write" out your letters of your address! Crazy!!

Um, this is a spanish car I think.....I have to find out what it is. I took this pic because I've never seen it before and I wanted to document the sighting. Kinda like a UFO, except in this case, it's a UDO (Unidentified Driving Object *Chortle*, ok ok, bad joke).


Here's a modern version of the famous London Double Decker Bus

This is a picture taken right after we parked. I'm actually standing beside the car. The car infront is the G-Wiz, a fully electric car. It's really tiny and made from plastic. It's "green" yet its batteries and probably the plastic it uses aren't recyclable.....hmmmm.

And here is my destination! The store is Hamleys. It's the biggest toystore in the world, and I've been wanted to go there ever since I've read about it in the Guiness Book of World Records in about 1996 or so. So coming here was like fulfilling a dream!


Anyhoo, that's all the posts now, it's getting late and I need to sleep. I'm absolutely shattered after today's trek. More tomorrow!

*I'm frankly astonished that I took so many pics*

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment