Monday, September 26, 2011

England Day 04: The Druids secret meeting place

Here's the site to Stone Henge.
This is the starting path to the Stone Henge
I'm getting closer!
Close still!
This was a zoom shot of a platform that's holding up one of the stones. There is a large fence set up around the stone henge, so you're not allowed to get close to it. In fact, the entire area is fenced off and the only way to get to it is via underground tunnel under the road.
This is a marker stone that lines up with stone henge.
Here's Stone Henge from another angle.
It was starting to get thunder-stormy so this was a really cool and eerie shot.
This is a nice final picture before departing.
I *think* this was a grave, but I don't remember.
Here's me happly at the wheel....while parked of course!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. i know it's a monument and all
    but you think.. it might almost be better to let nature take its course and let it topple as gravity intended......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that brace was put there because some people toppled it. Actually, 20 years ago, people were allowed chip pieces of stone henge. So I wonder if that was one of the pieces.

    ReplyDelete